Agribusiness, Energy, & Infrastructure
60% of the world’s arable land is in Africa —McKinsey&Company
Agribusiness We believe that Africa will soon become the world’s breadbasket and by the end of the 21st century Africa’s land will be exponentially more valuable for agriculture production. We understand that private sector investment is the only engine to ensure Africa is positioned to feed itself and the world. We can assist investors in meeting their agribusiness development goals at every stage of the project development cycle by identifying and implementing economically viable structures to create value and sustainability.
Energy According to the African Development Bank, it is estimated that only 30 percent of Sub-Saharan Africa has access to electricity and only 14 percent in rural areas. We have been working to address Africa’s energy needs for over 50 years, working with private and public entities to meet Africa’s growing energy demand. Having served clients developing solar, biomass (utilizing sugar cane, rice husks, and rubber), and municipal solid waste (MSW) projects, renewable and green energy is a focus.
Infrastructure From transport infrastructure to commercial real estate development, we can help address the continent’s infrastructure challenges. We maintain strategic partnerships with construction companies across the continent, serving to accommodate your project implementation requirements, strategic sub-contracting needs, equipment supply interests, and local sourcing of talent.
Agribusiness, Energy & Infrastructure Services
- Project Development & Financing Services
- Project Identification, Assessment, & Definition Services
- Financial Advisory & Outreach Services
- Packaging & Structuring of the Project
- Financial Requirement Identification & Linkages
- Public Private Partnership Structures
- Investment Promotion
- Client Relations Management
- Project Definition and Costing
- Evaluation & Feasibility Study Services
- Procurement Services, Analyses and Expediting
- Matching Goods & Services to Financial Packages
- Project Implementation & Execution Services
- Project Admin. Coordination, Management & Reporting
- Strategy Development
- Investment & Financing Reports
- Implementation & Execution
- Technology Transfer & Community Services
- Human Capital Development
- Orientation Visits & Planning
- Trade Missions (Inbound & Outbound)
Our experience and familiarity with commercial and multilateral banks, export credit agencies, and development finance institutions will ensure your company has the financial resources projects require.
We maintain strong relationships in, and operational understanding of, many organizations to assist in meeting your financial needs and development goals.
A few examples:
- The African Development Bank
- The World Bank Group
- United States Development Finance Corporation
- Export-Import Bank of the United States of America
- The Millennium Challenge Corporation
- African Export-Import Bank
Trade & Investment
AfricaGlobal Schaffer helps financial institutions and governments seeking assistance with trade and investment promotion as well as private corporations seeking assistance with market access.
We specialize in sector analysis and market research — interfacing with institutions to promote trade & investment and assisting with the development of match-making programs. Sustaining investment attraction through conferences and workshops; investor presentations; and identification of importers and investors.